Wireless (WiFi) Connection Issues¶
If you are experiencing any issues with latency, frozen screen, poor quality audio, or meeting getting disconnected, try the following:
- Switch to a Wired connection (connect with a cable directly to your internet router via wired ports).
- Try bringing your computer or mobile device closer to the WiFi router or access point.
- Restart your computer or mobile device and your router.
- Switch to a different WiFi hotspot if possible.
- Close any downloading programs and streaming applications.
How Much Bandwidth Is Used During A Session?¶
In general, it's recommended that you have at least 2Mbps of bandwidth available if you plan to use audio, video and screen sharing during a session. Less bandwidth will still work, but the session performance may suffer because of it. The avarege bandwidth requirements are:
- Microphone: 50 Kbps
- Webcam: 2Mbps, depending on number and size of webcams in use
- Screen sharing: 2Mbps, depending on the size and rate of changes happening on screen